One of the most common problems homeowners face is household mould. Mould can grow in any place that has a high level of moisture. Mould is usually found on walls, ceilings, furnishings, bathrooms and in other damp areas. In cases where the mould is toxic, it is necessary to have the porous surfaces and items removed and discarded by professional mould cleaners. Items and surfaces that are non-porous are normally salvageable. Below we share information on how to fight mould growth on non-porous surfaces.
To get rid of mould from non-porous surfaces like tiles, glass, and metal, we suggest using a cleaner that doesn’t contain ammonia. You could also use an antimicrobial mould remover. Apply the solution to the mould affected area and use a brush to scrub. Make sure the area surrounding it is also cleaned well so that no trace of mould is left behind.
Always wear protective gear, including gloves and a face mask when cleaning. This is to avoid any direct contact with mould. Cover the air vents with plastic sheets and keep doors leading to other rooms shut to prevent mould from spreading to other areas. If you’re cleaning a small area in a large room, it is recommended to use large sheets of plastics to keep mould spores from spreading to the entire room.
Even though heating and air conditioning ducts are made up of non-porous material like metal, mould presence can also be found inside. Cleaning mould in this situation can be more intricate than removing mould from other non-porous surfaces. It is advisable to call a professional mould removal company to clean the ducts as they have the right knowledge and equipment to remove mould thoroughly.
As mould is hazardous to health and property, it is important to get rid of it as soon as you detect its presence. We provide professional mould detection and mould removal services to make your home mould free and healthy again. Contact us on 0409037634.