Even when you have taken all the measures to protect your home from hazards, there are certain disasters that can strike your home at any time causing a great amount of destruction. While there are natural disasters like floods or storms that cause substantial damage there are sources inside your home that are no less threatening. Hence, it is important to know what these sources are to be prepared to deal with them and minimise the damage.
In an event of a pipe burst, litres of water gush out which could lead to severe structural damage if not remediated immediately. The first thing to do when something like this happens is to shut off the main water valve. Once this is done, call a plumber right away and also a professional cleaning company to have the affected area cleaned and remediated.
Storms, floods and plumbing issues can lead to sewage backflows. The sewage water can spread quickly leaving the place in a filthy mess. If you must walk through the contaminated area, remember to wear protective gear. Don’t attempt cleaning the damaged area on your own. Call a professional sewage cleaning company to clean and restore the place to a safe environment.
Washing Machine Overflows
Washing machine overflows/leaks is one of the most common reasons for water damage problems. If your machine overflows, switch off the power supply immediately and sop up the water to prevent damage to walls and flooring. To avoid washing machine overflows, check the hoses regularly for cracks and leaks.
Kitchen fires can break out any moment. It could be caused by a toaster, stovetop or other appliances. When this happens, one should use a fire extinguisher to put the fire out instead of using water. This will prevent the spilling of boiling hot grease that could cause burns. Fires can cause smoke damage, soot and odour problems. Hence, it is important to get a fire damage restoration professional to clean and restore the property.
One of the main causes of poison-related accidental deaths is carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide poisoning could give rise to symptoms like headaches, nausea and tiredness among others. To avoid severe health problems, have a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home.
If your home has suffered any fire, water or sewage damage, contact Biosite Cleanup on 0409037634 for effective remediation services. We offer sewage cleanups, fire damage restoration, water damage restoration and other biohazard cleaning services.